Tuesday, June 22, 2010

S.U.M.M.E.R

For this task read a book written by an author whose initials are found in the word Summer. (Initials must be sequential i.e. SU, UM, MM, ME, ER, and RS not SM).

Book Title/Author: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Publisher/Year Published: 2009 by Wendy Lamb Books
Where I got it: library eBook on my nook
Rating: 3/5 stars

This is an interesting book about a young girl living in the seventies. It's really about her relationship with people in her life. There is also a time-travel side path that is interesting. I think reading this book as a third grader (right after I read A Wrinkle In Time) I would have loved this. Reading it now, I thought it was a good book, but definitely not geared for a genera adult audience. My favorite parts were the preparation for the 20,000 Pyramid; it made me want to watch the classic game shows on The Game Show Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails