Sunday, January 9, 2011

Storming the Castle by Eloisa James

Book Title/Author: Storming the Castle by Eloisa James
Publisher/Year Published: 2010 by Harper Collins
Where I got it: I downloaded it for my Nook
Rating: 4/5 stars
Challenges: n/a

Summary: via Goodreads What Miss Phillipa Damson needs is a good, old fashioned knight in shining armor. What she has is a fiancé she never wanted and a compelling urge to run away. But if she manages to escape, will she find her happily ever after?

I love Eloisa James' stories. I like being up to date on what she is writing, hence I follow her witty remarks on facebook and twitter. This is how I learned about this companion short story to A Kiss at Midnight, Storming the Castle.

This book did not feel like a short story to me. Nothing felt rushed; things were fleshed out beautifully to the point that after I finished I felt the same euphoric feeling I get after I finish a full length novel with characters I love. Phillipa and Wick are to die for. She knows what she wants and takes a huge risk to go out and seek her own path in life. Wick is as charming as ever, bringing the character that I loved so much back from A Kiss at Midnight.

If you want a quick little novella about two adorable characters, this is your story. It was so nice to have it in line with me during the holidays. In fact, I am pretty sure I finished it in line at Wal*Mart.

This book is available on eBook only, but it was worth my $2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails