Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Feature at The Broke and the Bookish

Hey everyone. It's Tuesday, which means TOP TEN TUESDAY! Jamie's sister decided to have her baby so I jumped in to give my Top Ten list.

This weeks topic was Top Ten Books I Recommend for Someone Who Doesn't Read X. I wrote my list up on (mostly historical) romance novels.

Highlights include:
1. When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
I love fairytale retellings, and this is a wonderful modernization of the Beauty and the Beast tale. Well modernization meaning it is still set in the past but not in the far distant past of legends. The hero and heroine are both dynamic and is has an interesting story propelling you to the end.

2. The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
Oh, the Bridgertons. I love this series. The Duke and I is the first one in that series. It's a family of 8 kids, one kid per book. Trivia! They are named alphabetically. The first one is the Duke and I. It is about the first gil Daphne and Simon. I love this story because it has just the right balance between levity and plot. Other favorite books in the series? The Viscount Who Loved Me, Romancing Mr. Bridgerton and On the Way to the Wedding.

Check it out @ The Broke and the Bookish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails