Monday, January 31, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Debut Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Everyone is welcome to join in.

This weeks Top Ten is Top Ten Debut Books. Now when I did it, some of these people may have previously been published but I made sure it was their first novel.



1. Soulless by Gail Carriger
Love this book! I grbbed it on a whim off my college's new book shelves. My introduction into steampunk.


2. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
Loved this one too! A nice foray into science fiction with a dash of dystopia. Also I just had a Twitter conversation with her about how she came up with some of the language she uses in the books. SO NICE! And so interesting. AND a Firefly fan!


3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
One of my favorite books. Always brings tears to my eyes.


4. The Spymaster's Lady by Joanna Bourne
Such a fun spy story with a romantic twist! Though technically classified as a historical romance novel, I really think of this book as a interesting story about spies, international relations and .. well passion.



5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by JK Rowling
The birth of a DYNASTY (said like the old man from Mulan)


6. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
I really liked this book. There were some points that I thought were overly long and sometimes completely pointless, but overall it is a really good story with really thought provoking questions.



42. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Funny as hell and made of win.

8. The Raven Prince by Elizabeth Hoyt
One of the most sensual writers that I happened to stumble into. Her first book was awesome and she has not faltered for me since.




9. Fatherland by Robert Harris
I LOVE this book. I reread it last year. It is an alternate history novel about what would have happened if Nazi Germany would have won WWII ant not the Allies. It is wrapped around a murder mystery and is just great! I'll have to give this one a proper review at one point..

10. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I bawled through the last 150 pages of this book. It's surprising how much I love to hate Scarlett. She is such a bitch, but the book itself is outstanding.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! HP made my list as well. Gone with the Wind makes me homesick for Atlanta and I am getting ready to read Dorian Gray. I have heard great things about it, but just never got around to reading it.

    Reading Lark's Top 10

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails